Improvements identified by the school
|1. Quality of education
- Promote deeper thinking and a greater shared understanding of the curriculum and pedagogical subject knowledge.
- Continue and be more effective with smart use of assessment/feedback that leads to good learning and progress for all pupils without undue workload on staff.
- Promote reading that equips children with knowledge, understanding and cultural capital in a more systematic manner from Nursery to Year 6.
|2. Behaviour and attitudes
- Embed strategies that ensures positive learning attitudes, and that play and lunch times are more effective for supporting all pupils with their learning, development and well-being.
- Use Big Thinking and Big Values to teach pupils to have an opinion on contemporary and complex issues, and be appreciative of the differences in views in school and the world outside.
|3. Personal development
- Embed all aspects of the Learning Vision with greater consistency across the school so that it promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural education.
- Use the school’s locality for enrichment opportunities that nurtures children’s all round development and supports the effective delivery of the school curriculum.
|4. Leadership and management
- All curriculum leaders ensure that (a) the learning in their subjects are well sequenced, (b) taught in a highly effective manner that (c) leads to good outcomes for all pupils.
- Training and development opportunities for governors and school leaders at all levels.
- Continue to build strong partnership links with other schools to share good practice and use them to further enhance the quality of education and CPD of staff at Bigland Green.
A copy of the current School Improvement Plan (SIP) [September 2020 to July 2022] can be downloaded from this link. A paper copy or a summary version is available from the school office.